Long Distance Moving
Long Distance Moving
AWARD WINNING & HIGHLY REVIEWED
Long Distance Moves
Whether you are planning to move across the country or across an ocean, Ferguson will take care of you. We have partnered with Great Canadian Van Lines to specialize in long distance moves from coast to coast across Canada and the USA. Let us show you why Ferguson Moving & Storage are the preferred long distance movers in Canada and beyond.
National Carrier Partnership
Ferguson’s partnership with Great Canadian Van Lines allows for you to get our great service on a national level. Together we work in unison to make sure every item is packed and tracked, until it is delivered safe and sound.
Pricing And Storage
Pricing for moves within Canada and moves across the seas are based on the distance from origin to destination, and the weight of the items being moved. We are dedicated to treating your belongings with the utmost care and attention. We pay special attention to fragile items making sure to pack them securely for any long-distance journey. If you need to store items, you can do that at our heated container storage facility until the shipment is ready to leave for its destination.
International Relocation Coordination
Our in-house international move experts, will take care of all the planning for you. We are here to guide you every step of the way on your exciting journey. As expert long distance movers, we will deliver peace of mind and lift your expectations.
Important Moving Checklist
for Long Distance Moves
FIRST THINGS FIRST!
As soon as you decide you need long-distance movers, it is not too early to start thinking about the following details.
- Lock-in your move date as soon as possible.
- Schedule your move date and services immediately, so you are assured availability!
- Ask about our packing and unpacking services.
- Not taking everything? Store your items at our secure facility.
- Prepare a detailed inventory list for moving insurance.
- Make sure all passports are valid and up to date.
- Do you need immigration documents? Start applying now.
4 TO 6 WEEKS OUT
- Arrange for utilities at your new home and set up cancellation of accounts at your current home for the day after moving day.
- If you are moving cities: notify schools, physicians, dentists, veterinarian, etc.
- Begin sorting your possessions. Determine items to be moved, sold at yard sale, and/or donated to charity.
- Get enough cartons and packing materials. Remember Ferguson can supply everything you need. Plus, you can order supplies HERE
- Reserve an elevator in your building for the day of the move (if applicable).
2 TO 3 WEEKS OUT
- Start packing! We can help if necessary.
- Return all borrowed items (like local library books) and check dry cleaners, storage, and repair shops for your items (especially if moving far away.)
- Consider and arrange a babysitter/pet sitter for your moving day.
- Arrange for house cleaning to happen after you move out.
1 WEEK OUT
- Back up your computer files before packing your computer systems.
- Clean out your refrigerator and defrost freezer.
Moving DAY !!
- Walk movers through your home indicating special care items.
- Do a final walk through to check all cupboards, behind doors, all storage areas, and the garage.
- Label the rooms in your new home so our movers can place boxes and furniture in the right room at the other end of the move.