Make your move easier with our moving checklist
FREE MOVING QUOTE
No Credit Card Required
Important Moving Checklist
4 to 6 weeks out…
- Arrange for utilities at your new home and set up cancellation of accounts at your current home for the day after moving day.
- If moving cities: notify schools, physician(s), dentist,
- Begin sorting your possessions. Determine items to be moved, sold at yard sale, and/or donated
- Get enough cartons and packing materials. Remember Ferguson can supply everything you need.
- Reserve an elevator in your building for moving day (if applicable).
2 to 3 weeks out…
- Return all borrowed items (library, etc.) and check dry cleaners, storage, and repair shops for your items – if moving far enough away.
- Consider and arrange a babysitter/ pet sitter for your moving day.
- Arrange for house cleaning after you move out.
1 weeks out…
- Back up your computer files before packing your system(s).
- Clean out refrigerator; clean out and defrost freezer.
- Arrange for street parking for the truck in front of your house (Move-out & Move-in locations).
- Walk movers through your home indicating special care items.
- Do a final walk through to check all cupboards, behind doors, all storage areas and the garage.
- Label the rooms in your new home so our movers can place boxes and furniture exactly where you want them.